Camp Deerwoode for Boys, Brevard, North Carolina, Summers, 1970-1982
- Camper, 1970-1972
- Junior Counselor, 1973-1975. Responsibilities rotated, and included operating all phases of the kitchen, mowing fields with a tractor, filling in for counselors, and participating in sports events and activities.
- Counselor, 1976-1982. Directly responsible for a cabin of 9 or 10 boys. Provided instruction for daily classes. My specialties were physical fitness and woodworking (including teaching dulcimer building). Participated in and organized sports competitions and numerous other activities. Added duties as Assistant Program Director, 1981-1982.
Alcoa Elementary School, Alcoa, TN – 4th and 5th Grades, 1981 (Jan. – June).
- Employed as a term Social Studies teacher after student teaching and graduation from Maryville College.
- Directed the children’s play The Pale Pink Dragon in the spring.
Crystal River Primary School, Crystal River, FL – 4th Grade, 1981 – 1987.
- Taught all subjects—Math and Language Arts classes were ability grouped.
- Founded the CRPS “Peanut Playhouse”. Directed a production each spring, cast from fourth graders and faculty, including Rumpelstiltskin, Cinderella, The Gloid, and The Case of the Missing Homework.
Summer Youth Camp, Citrus County Parks and Rec, Site Supervisor – Inverness, Summers, 1983-1988.
- Organized daily activities for campers and coordinated staff assignments.
- Supervised registration and communication with parents.
- Coordinated programs with Whispering Pines personnel.
The Prime Minister/ Dickens Pub, Crystal River. Server, 1983-1986.
Crystal River Middle School, Crystal River, FL – Drama Teacher, 1987 – 1994.
- Created a middle school theatre curriculum based on creative dramatics and Theatresports.
- Introduced lighting and stage design as well as stage makeup techniques.
- Mainstage productions included The Hobbit, How to Eat Like a Child, Marmalade Gumdrops, This is a Test, and The Night of the Pterodactyl.
Rock Crusher Elementary School, Homosassa, FL – Media Specialist, 1994 – 2002.
- Coordinated collection development and organization/distribution of library materials.
- Constructed a 2-camera studio for a live Morning Show and trained fifth graders as technicians.
- Facilitated the upgrade of the circulation system to the Mac-based Winnebago program.
- Created the first website for a school in Citrus County after learning HTML programming.
- Directed a production of The Hobbit, cast from fourth and fifth graders as well as faculty members.
Citrus High School, Inverness, FL – Media Specialist, 2002 – 2018.
- Assisted with collection development and organization of materials.
- Assisted teachers and staff with video/presentation and computer issues.
- Coordinated faculty/staff use of library facilities, offering instruction as requested.
- Created a Media Center website for information and useful links.
- Ordered the parts and constructed a 64-bit computer for video production.
- Created a curriculum for Media Research classes, adapted for Google Classroom. Coordinated the organization and distribution of iPads for all students at CHS.
- Served as Assistant Football Coach, 2017.
Citrus High School, Inverness, FL – 9th grade Physical Science, 2018 (Aug. – Dec.).
- Taught general science skills, Chemistry, and Physics.